A short history of the rise and fall of the thumb in ten stages,
aka “You Big Thumby!”
2. Development and use of tools
3. Control of fire
5. Development and use of instruments of war
6. Written Documentation, control of history
7. Act 1 Scene 1 of Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet – “Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?”
8. Industrial evolution
9. Mechanical evolution
10. Sissy Hankshaw, Hitchhiking, etc.
11. Development and use of joysticks
12. Texting, “LOL”, “LMAO”,and the “Big Thumbs Up!” blue facebook emoticon symbol
Everytime you click on a like, no matter where it is, an angel loses a thumb.
If you want to save the world, stop global climate warming changes, et cetera, et cetera, then we should agree to ban the thumb or promise to take a solemn vow to use your thumb for good from this point forward.
I haven’t used my thumbs for 19 hours.
Thumbs for Peace!
Brangelina says in response to the fall of this strange finger “I oppose the thumb!”